03 July 2009

Nasu (那須)


The Chocolate Moose and me


Hello again everyone!

Yesterday I got a chance to meet for lunch a friend of mine from Canada, Mike. I hope he's able to attend a little get-together we're having somewhere on Monday.


Karaoke Mike and me

Renato, Hanako, Leo, and I have arrive in Nasu. Our guest-house has wi-fi so I'm able to post the few photos I've taken so far. One of the things about travelling with good company is that I tend to take fewer photos than I normally might. We've got a full day here tomorrow so I hope to get quite a few good shots. :)


Our guest-house, Arutany


On our way to Nasu, we passed Utsunomiya where we ate some gyoza, Japanese dumplings. The batch we ate at the first place was quite yummy; at the second place, not so much.



The second-best gyoza in Utsunomiya



More of Utsunomiya


This evening we ate dinner at an Italian restaurant, where we had gnocchi, lasagna, and two types of pizza. For dessert, I had chocolate mousse. Renato and I agree that this is among the best Italian food either of us has had anywhere.

This evening our wonderful host at Arutany in Nasu brought us to see fireflies after we returned from dinner. I'm afraid that I was unable to get any half-decent shots of fireflies, although Renato got a really good one. :)

Anyway, I have included the requisite photos of things which wouldn't make much sense in a Canadian context, with the exception of the blotting paper below. (I included it here because I didn't realise that I was buying men's blotting paper for a woman. :D)


This defies rational explanation


Park your automobiles, bicycles, and jet airplanes here


Canadian Spirit Gallery



Spinatch for the biznatch


Blotting paper


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home