09 May 2007

The Television Fairy



Hello, everyone. Not much time has passed since my last post; I thought I'd get some things out of the way, now that I have a bit of a lull in the storm.

As some of you know, I have been on television a couple of times since I came to China. My first appearance was in a competition for Chinese Arts held at my school. The show was broadcast over Beijing Television (BTV).

The second appearance was recorded on 18 March, and was broadcast on Chinese Educational Television 1 (BETV 1) on 26 March. The purpose of the show is for helping high school seniors (and their parents) to choose a university major. The major featured in the episode in which I appeared is Chinese calligraphy. I appeared with with the show's host, a professor from Capital Normal University (首都师范大学), and two middle-school students who study calligraphy.

Before I could go onto television, I had to both consult with the show's producer and host, and also be outfitted for the part. For the outfitting, we went to Panjia Yuan (潘家园). Panjia Yuan is a market where one may buy myriad things, including clothing, books, items for calligraphy, among other things. I've included in this post a few photos of Panjia Yuan.

As it turns-out, I'll be on television at least another two times. Two weeks ago, when I arrived at my calligraphy class, a television crew awaited our arrival. I have no idea for which television show we were filmed, let alone for which station. And I've been maneuvered into being on television yet again; I'll be filmed next Wednesday evening. Aiya!




The professor, the producer, and me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home