03 September 2006

Dirty Laundry Blues

Earlier today, I cleaned some of my laundry. I went to the laundry / shower room to fetch my clothing, but the door was closed, and the handle on the outside of the room was broken. I wasn't too worried about entering, because I was certain that the person who was showering inside would open the door and I'd be able to re-enter the room.

I returned to my bedroom, only to learn that my electronic key-card no longer opened my door. I went downstairs to complain to one of the attendants, and I had a hard time convincing her that I had arrived only a week ago, despite the electronic record of my arrival. My name wasn't in their paper registry; because I signed many things last Sunday, I don't remember entering my name in the registry. Eventually, the attendant was able to re-enable my electronic key.

I returned again to my room for that I might then proceed to fetch my laundry. When I returned to the laundry room, the door was still closed but I no longer heard any noises from within. After half an hour of fretting and trying to open the door by using the broken handle, I went to talk again to an attendant. I said 'I did my laundry in the laundry room, and the door is locked.'. The attendants; response was 'You can do your laundry in another of the laundry rooms.'. 'My clothing's still in the room.'. 'Oh. Well, we don't know when the door will be repaired.' Enh. I finally found something which would give my hands the purchase to turn the stub of a knob which was on the door, and I sucessfully retrieved my laundry. Shortly after that, I left the building. On my way out of the dormitory, I said 'I opened the door.'. 'Oh.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home